Thursday, March 1, 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes

It's official. The dresser was finally delivered. And I've decided to repurpose a chair that my mom and dad gave us. It's an old Ethan Allen club chair that is just the right size to sit in while nursing (and maybe fall asleep in the wee hours of the morning). I told Robert I refuse to do anything else to the nursery until we know for sure that an adoption is going to happen.

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday my hope had dwindled into nothingness. Today, after a good night's sleep and a bit of perspective, I'm back in the game. Yes, we're still looking for a match but, for some reason, today I have hope.

Robert opened the door to the nursery this morning and flipped on the lamp. It just feels right to have that door open and ready to welcome a little person. I left it open all day and, because it's warm in Virginia today, just opened the window to let some fresh air blow gently through. I can hear the wind chimes just below the window singing ever so lightly in the soft breeze.

I don't know when it will happen ... but it's sure to happen. And when it does, we'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...