Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just for Fun - Roald Dahl Stamps


What would an adoption blog be without a little bit of fun? Nerdy fun, that is. 

As I mentioned, my in-laws are from England. They are what is known as dual citizens, which means they are citizens of both England and America. (Remind me to tell you about Robert's mum's citizenship test ... whew!) From time to time, the post office in their village sells booklets of stamps. Robert's mum started sending me booklets, like Winnie the Pooh and Harry Potter ... oh, and don't forget Lord of the Rings. These little booklets peaked my interest in stamps. Now I fancy myself a novice stamp collector. (I warned you this was nerdy.)

Yesterday I received a little parcel in the mail. Inside was this lovely booklet. It features Roald Dahl, the author of such children's books as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the booklet says Dahl was a chocoholic ... they say write about what you know!), Fantastic Mr. Fox and Matilda, among others. I'll be honest when I tell you that I knew these books from childhood but I had no idea who wrote them! 

What does this have to do with adoption? Well, you could say that one day our adoptive child will have quite the stamp collection on his or her hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...