Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Compassion During the Adoption Journey

One of the things I've learned from doing yoga is to have compassion for myself. The Dalai Lama says, "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Compassion doesn't always come easy for me. I get angry, sad and sometimes feel like people are treating me badly, just like everyone else. When I'm having those moments, Robert is very good about reminding me that I am only human. "Be kind to yourself today," he says. And whenever he reminds me of that, I instantly take a deep breath, my shoulders drop and I smile.

And so I remind myself and anyone else reading this blog to:

Be Kind to Yourself
Be Patient
Enjoy the Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...