Friday, February 17, 2012

Getting Through the Wait - Channeling Spring

Painting found at http://www.etsy.com/listing/88059835/51-birds-no-18-19-limited-edition

I've been channeling Spring lately. Yes, I know it's only February, but in Virginia, the weather has been quite mild. In fact, our trees are already budding and I saw a knock-out rose bush the other day that was blooming. 

Like Frederick, I'm pretty good at thinking about sunny days when these Winter days get long. But there are moments when I think to myself, "Self, I just wish Springtime would get here."

It's kind of the same thing with adoption. Most days, I can stay upbeat by updating my blog, reading inspiring stories of other folks who have successfully adopted and believing that one day it will happen. In my experience, once I set an intention, it usually happens - but not always on my timeline. The Universe has its own timeline and you just can't mess with that.

So on those days when I start to think to myself, "Self, we'll never find a match," Robert comes through. What you may not know about Robert is that he is ever the optimist. He can turn a negative thought around in a second and inspire you even more than you ever thought you would be inspired. I've had my moments, but Robert has always pulled me through - and I have to say, I've done the same for him. Great marriages are like that.

I believe that this adoption is going to happen. We just have to wait for the Universe to decide that it's our time. All it takes is one phone call with the right person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! We welcome your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...